Check In and Out
Thursday and Friday Check In: 12 Noon
Sunday Check Out: 2 p.m.
Effective 1/1/2017: Minimum is 24 for Fri & Sat
Sunday Check In: 5 p.m
Wednesday and Thursday Check Out: 10 a.m.
Effective 1/1/2017: Minimum is 15 for Sun-TH
We ask that you do NOT arrive before the above arrival time, as the Centre Staff will be in the process of cleaning and preparing for your arrival. Please be prepared to depart the premises by the above departure time as another group will be arriving shortly thereafter.
Effective 1/1/2017: Group coordinators must submit their guaranteed number of retreaters no less than 14 days in advance of the retreat. Because the expenses of The Compass Centre are fixed, management may add additional retreaters to groups that do not fill the 35 bed capacity.
Smoking: Smoking is permitted outdoors in the designated area only. Please use appropriate disposal of butts.
Pets: For the safety and comfort of our guests, as well as complying with the Health Department rules, pets are not allowed inside the building unless used to render service or aid.
Violation of the Smoking Policy will result in the termination of your current stay, as well as future stays. There will be a $250 fine for smoking in the building to pay for sanitizing and clean up.
Returned Check Policy: Any coordinator and/or guest that has issued The Compass Centre and/or Melissa Picha a check which was returned for Insufficient Funds will not be allowed to attend a retreat at The Compass Centre, until certified monies have been issued to The Compass Centre and/or Melissa Picha to replace the returned check along with any fees incurred by The Compass Centre and/or Melissa Picha. This is meant to include any groups that the coordinator would bring to The Compass Centre. In addition, if the coordinator has any retreats at the Compass Centre after the insufficient check has been replaced with certified funds, payment in full by certified funds will be required no less than thirty days prior to the scheduled event. Failure to comply with this policy will results in all future dates being cancelled.
- Do not arrive before designated time, as the staff may still be cleaning and floors may be unsafe.
- Depart by designated time. Those groups coming in behind you are just as anxious as you were to arrive at The Centre.
- When pulling into the covered drive – be aware it was built for cars to be side by side. Pull up as far as possible and do not leave your car for long periods of time parked in the covered drive.
Cell Phones & Music
- NO Audio – use ear buds or headphones when playing music or watching movies. Not everyone has your taste in music or movies.
- When talking on the phone, do not use the Speaker option when in the workroom. Not everyone is interested in your life and phone calls.
- Have phone on vibrate when in the bedrooms. Your roommates have no desire to be awakened by your phone calls or alarms.
Last one Up at Night ?
- Turn off lights
- Lock all outside doors
- Unplug irons
- Please keep conversations in a hushed tone, as others may be sleeping. Move your conversations to the workroom.
Workroom and Bedroom Temperature
- Dress in layers. If cold, add a layer, if warm then take off a layer. Having said this, you are required to be dressed in an appropriate manner. You cannot strip to your underwear or less …
- Additional quilts are located in the laundry room on the top shelf.
- If you are just cold natured – feel free to bring an electric blanket so you can be “toasty” while you sleep.
- Be thoughtful and never leave an empty coffee pot – coffee directions are posted above the coffee pots.
- Do NOT gather around the coffee pot for early morning conversations as there may be people sleeping in the room behind the breakfast area.
Design Walls, Cutting and Ironing Stations
Laundry facilities are no longer available for guests use. We had to invest in commercial equipment this past year, along with the fact that a few guests overstepped what is acceptable.Dying of fabric is NOT allowed at The Compass Centre.
- Be aware these are “shared” spaces, so be considerate and do not leave your projects for long periods of time.
- The ironing tables are NOT cutting tables – please do not cut on the ironing tables – when you cut through the ironing surface, then you are essentially destroying property.
Contact Information to Leave for Spouses/Children
The Compass Centre – 1030 FM 339 – Mount Calm, Texas 76673 – located in Hill County near the edge of Hill, McLennan and Limestone counties.
Telephone to Owners/Staff (817) 266-9025
Weather Alerts: For our guests’ safety, there are three weather alert radios in the Centre. They are set to sound an alarm when there are warnings for Hill, McLennan and Limestone Counties.